This is the CR or CNC Ready version of the The TAIGTurn 2000 CNC Lathe. You supply your own stepper motors and controller. The CNC Ready Lathe is factory assembled wired up and ready to go. It has a 1/4 hp spindle motor and comes with an ER 16 spindle, 3-Jaw Chuck, 2 adjustable Tool Posts, a set of 6 ER collets and Nema 23 motor mounts. (does not include ‘X’ or ‘Z’ Axis motors, Control Box or Software). The main frame consists of a 2 1/2 inch square steel tubing to provide a very solid feel. The leadscrews are all 1/2-20. The moving slides ride on Ground Steel Ways with full gib adjustments for wear over many years of use. Note: The CNC ready version does not include the spindle index sensor.
- Height 14″
- Width 24″
- Depth 31″
- Weight 80 lbs
- Maximum bearing runout 0.0004 in.
- X axis dovetails 45 deg.
- Z axis dovetails 90 deg.
- 1/2″-20 leadscrews on X & Z
- All lead screw drives have friction adjustable micrometer dials in .001 inch increments
- Pulley type std. 5/8 in. bore multi-step belt.
- Construction – Steel, hard anodized aluminum on all moving components, adjustable brass gibs, and precision ground steel ways hand lapped for long life and accuracy.
- Travel in X axis 12 in.
- Travel in Z axis 6 in.
- Max Rapid travel per axis 75 in/min
- Table dimensions 3 1/2 x 18.4 inches
- 4 spindle speeds 435-1800 RPM
- Runout less than .0003
- Sealed precision ball bearing
- Bearing OD 1.5748 in., ID 0.6692 in.
- Nose 22mm X 1.5mm
- Hole 0.406 in.
- ID taper 8 deg (16 deg included)
- Max collet diameter 3/8 in
- Pulley size 5/8 in. bore.
- Ball Bearings in all leadscrew bearing blocks